Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
Highlighted ingredients can be bought at the Market!
- 1/2 cup cucumber sliced (skin on, organic when possible)
- 1 heaping cup pineapple cubed (if frozen, omit ice)
- 1/2 large banana ripe, peeled, frozen
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 lime zested & juiced (~1 tsp zest // 2 Tbsp juice)
- 1 large handful greens (spinach or kale) (organic when possible)
- 2-4 ice cubes
Add cucumber, pineapple, frozen banana, light coconut milk, water, lime zest, lime juice, greens, and ice cubes to a blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
For a thicker smoothie, add more ice. For a thinner smoothie, add more liquid of choice.
Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more lime juice or zest for acidity/brightness, banana or pineapple for sweetness, coconut milk for creaminess, and greens for more intense green color.
Serve immediately. Leftovers will keep covered in the refrigerator up to 24 hours, though best when fresh.
- $1.95 per serving
- 30 minutes or less
- 6 ingredients
Why Is It Healthy?
- Pineapples contain half of your daily requirement of vitamin C and are a great source of maganese, necesaary for strong bones, it also aids in protein digestion.
- Cucumbers are a low calorie, high fiber, and hydrating vegetable that contain B vitamins that reduce stress and help you maintain a healthy weight.
- Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous.