Peanut Butter Strawberry Bars
Highlighted ingredients can be bought at the Market!
- 1 cup rolled oats gluten free
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 1/2 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 3/4 cup strawberry jam
- 1/2 cup strawberries fresh or frozen (or raspberries), chopped
- 2 Tbsp natural salted creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp roasted salted peanuts chopped (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (176 C) and line an 8x8-inch baking dish with parchment paper.
Add oats, almonds, sea salt, and coconut sugar to a food processor or high speed blender and pulse into a fine meal, making sure no large pieces remain.
Transfer to a mixing bowl and add melted coconut oil. Stir with a spoon to incorporate, then use your hands to work the oil into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles wet sand. Spread the mixture into the baking dish and press down into an even layer with your fingers or a flat object (such as a drinking glass).
Bake for 15 minutes, then increase heat to 375 degrees F (190 C) and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the crust is fragrant and the edges are slightly golden brown.
In the meantime, add jam and strawberries to a small saucepan and warm over medium-low heat until hot and pourable - about 5-7 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
Once crust is slightly golden brown, remove from oven and immediately add strawberry jam. Use a spoon to spread into an even layer, then dollop on peanut butter in 1 teaspoon amounts. Use the handle end of a spoon (or a chopstick) to gently swirl the two together.
Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees F and bake for another 12-17 minutes, or until the strawberry topping is warm and bubbly. Remove squares from oven and let cool completely - 2-3 hours. Once cooled, gently lift bars from pan and slice into 9 even squares, or 10 bars.
- $1.95 per serving
- 30 minutes or less
- 7 ingredients
Why Is It Healthy?
- Strawberries are a low in sugar and high in antioxidants and fiber. They are have more vitamin C than an orange!
- Oats are filling, full of fiber, manganese, and healthy enzymes. Oats promote healthy digestion, help prevent diabetes, and reduce cholesterol.
- Coconut oil has many benefits from hair and skin care, to cholesterol level maintenance and weight loss, boosted immune system, proper digestion & regulated metabolism.