Ground Beef Kale Stir Fry
Highlighted ingredients can be bought at the Market!
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked (or sub cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup soy sauce (or sub tamari)
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb ground beef 93% lean or leaner
- 3 cups kale chopped
- 1 cup red cabbage sliced
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 1 tsp sugar optional
Cook rice as directed on package. OR if looking for a low carb option, pulse cauliflower in a food processor to create a rice-like texture and cook on low heat with olive oil in a fry pan for 15 minutes.
In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic and sugar (optional). Stir to combine.
Heat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add Ground Beef; cook 8 to 10 minutes, breaking into small crumbles and stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings.
Add stir-fry sauce to ground beef; cover and cook 4 to 6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve vegetable mixture over rice.
- $3.00 per serving
- 30 minutes or less
- 11 ingredients
Why Is It Healthy?
- Kale is rich in vitamins. Including Folate, a B vitamin that’s key for brain development. It also has more vitamin C than an orange!
- With 21g of protein per 100g serving, ground beef is a great source of B Vitamins and Iron rich protein.
- Cauliflower is high in fiber, one cup has 3g of fiber and only 30 calories. It’s also a great source of calcium, vitamin C, and vitamin A.