GF Zucchini Cake
Highlighted ingredients can be bought at the Market!
Dairy Free Cream Cheese Frosting (optional)
- 4 Tbsp butter softened (or use vegan butter)
- 2-2 1/2 cups powdered sugar (1/2 lb)
- 4 oz softened cream cheese (or "Tofutti")
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F and butter and flour an 8x8 pan with dairy-free butter or cooking spray and gluten free flour.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, applesauce, eggs, and zucchini. Add vanilla, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Lastly add almond meal, gluten free flour blend, and gluten free oats and whisk again to combine. The batter should be slightly thick but very easy to pour.
Pour batter into your pan and bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour, or when a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the edges are golden brown.
While cooling, make your frosting by beating butter (or use dairy-free butter) and cream cheese together, then add vanilla and beat again. Add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you reach desired consistency and sweetness. It should be fairly thick but still spreadable.
Once the cake is fully cooled, frost and serve immediately. You'll have leftover frosting.
The cake should keep covered in the fridge for several days, or in the freezer for several weeks. However, it's best when eaten fresh. Let set out for 10-15 minutes before serving if refrigerating so it warms a bit and becomes more tender.
- $1,70 per serving
- 30 minutes or less
- 12 ingredients
Why Is It Healthy?
- Zucchini is mostly water, containing only 33 calories and like other dark green vegetables it’s a great source of vitamin A.
- Almonds are one of the most nutritious nuts. They are an incredible source of minerals such as manganese, potassium, calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- Apples are full of fiber! This helps reduce risk of diabetes, reduce cholesterol, detox the liver, control weight, and boost immunity! And they whiten teeth!